It's been a constant battle with my skin... acne, eczema, dry skin, oily skin... you name it. I've tried so many different products just trying to find what works best for me. I've finally found the right balance. It's not perfect, but it's under control. Our skin is a crucial organ and needs lots of attention; definitely not something to neglect!
The foods we eat affect our skin health. Several nutrients are required for healthy skin. Not saying that there are miracle foods to clear up skin conditions, but we can improve our skin health by making healthier choices. Avoiding high fat and sugary foods being a top contender!
So here is a list of foods that help maintain healthy skin:
1. Green Tea - It's loaded with antioxidants!
2. Yogurt - Packed with Vitamin A (works with Vitamin C and collagen for skin elasticity)
3. Fish - Great source for Omega-3's (helps with inflammation and immunity)
4. Dark Chocolate - Yep! It's packed with antioxidants! But keep moderation in mind!
5. Berries - Again, lots of antioxidants and phytochemicals that are vital for our bodies!
6. Whole grains - Grains contain B vitamins (folate, nicain, magnesium, and zinc). These vitamins have several roles in the body, and play a big part in our skin's immunity.
7. Kiwi, papaya, guava, and citrus fruits - Great sources of Vitamin C... which helps build collagen and maintain skin's elasticity!
8. Water - Staying hydrated is crucial for our skin and it's functions!
Besides eating a healthy diet and drinking lots of water to keep my skin healthy, I use Rodan and Fields Unblemish line and it works great! It's the only product I've used that keep my acne under control! Highly recommended!
Mention "Taylor'd Nutrition" at Mackie Shilstone GNC located at 2901 Magazine St. or 5300 Tchoupitoulas St. to receive a discount on select products!