One of the reasons I enjoy fall is because I love pumpkin! It has so many health benefits and is packed with nutrients, so while everything pumpkin is out right now, I thought I'd share a few of those facts!
And as good as a Pumpkin Spice Latte is from Starbucks... that doesn't count here! However, I do make my own - far fewer calories, sugar, and fat!
1. Pumpkin is packed with Vitamin A (great for your eyes), Vitamin C (not only important for you immune system, but helps with collagen production - keeps you looking young!), fiber, magnesium, carotids, and antioxidants
2. It's a good anti-inflammatory food
3. Pumpkin seeds make a great snack - packed with protein and plant-based fatty acids - so it helps regulate cholesterol, promotes healthy skin, protects against arthritis, and great for brain function!
4. Pumpkin is also high in potassium and zinc - great protection against heart disease and high blood pressure
5. Pumpkin contains L-Tryptophan, which is an amino acid which promotes feelings of well being and fight depression
Enjoy the "Pumpkin Spice Everything" while it's in season - just without added sugars!
Mention "Taylor'd Nutrition" at Mackie Shilstone GNC located at 2901 Magazine St. or 5300 Tchoupitoulas St. to receive a discount on select products!